Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Blog

We have decided that a blog might help communication between the 30-ish members of our systems administration group at my regular day job, so I have started this personal blog as a way to learn about blogging in general.  We may decide to host our group's blog internally but I thought that this Google hosted "blogspot" blog might be a really easy way to get started.

With all that said, I plan to write about my recent adventures in rebuilding my home infrastructure after a devastating lightning strike.  The lightning strike occurred at 12:54 PM on July 30, 2011.  The strike was recorded on several devices in our home that ceased to function at exactly that time.  While putting everything back together has been an expensive and time-consuming process, Tami and I feel blessed to have lost nothing more than a pile of electronic trinkets.  A close friend lost his home to a lightning induced fire a week or so before our incident.  Weather events this spring and summer have caused many families in our area to have lost loved ones in addition to their material possessions, so our problems pale in comparison.

BTW, the name "Morning Coffee" came to mind since I plan to write most of these entries while I'm drinking my daily two cups of Joe.

So, as I hit "Publish Post" for the first time, I salute all who have blogged before me.  Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment